Sunday, May 10, 2009

Deuteronomy 28

It is Mother's Day.  I want to wish my wonderful Mother a happy Mother's Day!  She is without a doubt the best Mom anyone could ever have.  What a blessing she has been to my life and she helped mold me into the man I am today.  I rise up to call her blessed!

I'm in Deut. 28 today and there are three thoughts I get from this chapter that I want to share. 

1) OVERTAKEN!  vs. 2 says: "And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD they God."  Imagine, being overtaken by blessings!  Wow!  Verses 1-13 tell of all the ways that blessings will overtake us IF we listen and obey the voice of the LORD.  We are to keep His commandments and be blessed by God because of our obedience.  It is exciting just to read all the ways that we can be blessed. 
2) OVERTAKEN!  Yes, same word again, but a whole different story.  Verse 15 says:  "But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD they God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee."  Then from verse 15 till verse 68, we have the most horrendous things mentioned that come as a results of not following and obeying God's commandments.  It is even hard to read all of the bad things that will happen to the Israelites if they do not hearken and obey the LORD.  Parents eating their children, sicknesses, etc.   Sad, sad, sad.
3) GLORIOUS AND FEARFUL NAME- Yes, in verse 58 it says: "that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD;"  And it is capitalized for us in the Bible.  We have lost much of the fear and reverence for the LORD, and we need to get it back.

Well, enjoy the LORD's Day today and find yourself in church!  Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there today.   Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter