Wednesday, January 7, 2009

GOD LIKES NUMBERS

Numbers.  God likes them!  He has a book named Numbers.  God numbers and names all of the stars.  (Psa 147:4)  He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.; God numbers the hairs of our head.  (Mat 10:30)  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  And in the book of Numbers, God numbers the children of Israel, numbers the pieces of the tabernacle, numbers almost everything!  Wow!  God likes numbers!  So, don't skip over the book of Numbers.... read it and enjoy it like God does.

Here are just a few thoughts for today and then I'll get on the road and drive back to Oregon:
1) COMMANDMENT OF THE LORD- In Numbers 9:18 "At the commandment of the LORD the chidren of Israel journeyed, and at the commandment of the LORD they pitched:  as long as the cloud abode upon the tabernacle they rested in their tents."  vs. 23 "At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed:  they kept the charge of the LORD, at the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses."    You see... they were sensitive to the commandments of the LORD about their travels.  Do we even pray as we get in our cars to travel?  Do we pray before our plane takes off?  Do we pray about the plans we make for the future?  Only go with God is the lesson in these verses.  Are we so self willed we chart our own course?  Do we really believe the lie:  "I am the captain of my fate!"  Really??  How are we doing??  Without God's guidence, we are wandering in the dark!  We are blind leading the blind! 
Notice also that God used the cloud, the pillar of fire, and the man of God... Moses.
2) THE WORD OF THE LORD- Num. 22:18 says: "If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the word of the LORD my God, to do less or more."  Even with paid to curse Israel, the prophet could not do more or less than God said!  We too need to be just as serious about the Word of the LORD.  Our Bible should guide us.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for today.  I love you and want you to know it.  I need you today... I'm not fit to guide my path.  I look to You for guidence, protection, and blessing.  I am so lost without You LORD.  Please hold my hand.  Whisper in my ear.... I love you son.  Thank you LORD!

Have a blessed day.... Pastor Mike Mutchler


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter