Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SOME MORE PSALMS

Today, I'm writing about chapters 52 through 72 in Psalms.  With 150 chapters, over a week is spent in the Psalms.  I love them and they are so precious.  Here are a few thoughts:
1) GOD IS MINE HELPER- One simple phrase found in Ps. 54:4, but this phrase will help us to keep going when you are tempted to quit!  The Lord is your helper!  God is wanting to help you, to bless you, to transform you and I.  Let us let Him do His work knowing He is our helper!  Help me LORD, I need thee, Oh I need thee, every hour I need thee. 
2) I WILL TRUST IN THEE- Ps. 56:3 says: "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee."  I heard this verse this past Sunday.  Our granddaughter, Julia, quoted this as her memory verse.  She is just over three and smart as can be.  I read it again this morning and thought how wonderful that Julia has memorized this verse.  This verse tells us what to do when we are afraid, and we often get afraid (if not for ourselves, then for others).  I wil trust in thee!!  Great verse.
3) CAN YOU TESTIFY?  Tonight is our service right before Thanksgiving, and so we will be having a testimony service.  Ps. 66:16 is a testimony verse:  "Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul."  Here is another testimony verse: Psa 107:2  "Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;"  Can you testify?  Perhaps you say, "I can't talk in front of people", maybe "I would be embarased", or "I don't know what to say".  Well, the very nature of a testimony is to tell others what God is doing or has done in your life!  If God is at work, give Him credit!!  Tell others!  If we cannot tell the saved in church, will we ever tell the lost outside of church?  I think not!  Speak up a good word for Jesus.  We will have many people do so tonight. 
Well, so much for today, hope you have a blessed day in the LORD.  Hope to see some of you at church tonight.  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter