Sunday, November 16, 2008

II Kings & I Chronicles

Tonight is late Sunday evening, and it has been a wonderful day in the Lord.  People were saved, baptized, and joined the church.  The crowds were large, and the spirit was exciting!  God has been so good to us!

I am writing this blog tonight because I fly out early in the morning to preach at chapel at Golden State Baptist College and teach on Tuesday in their master's course to the master's students.  So, I don't know if I will get to blog on Tuesday, only if I can connect to the internet, but I can at least later in the day.  Here are some thoughts from the Bible:
1) TEACH THEM ABOUT GOD- Yes, this happened in II Kings 17:27 when the King of Assyria, commanded that priest should teach the Israelites about their God!  He hired priest to teach the people.  A heathen king wanted Israel to know about their God.  Wow!
2) SET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER- Hezekiah was told this in II Kings 20:1.  He was told he was going to die, so he was told to "Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live."  Do we have our house in order?  God wants us ready to meet Him at all times and we had best have our houses in order to meet the Lord.
3) I HAVE FOUND THE BOOK- In II Kings 22, Josiah, a godly youth who was the king, had the priest clean out the temple that had been closed for a good long time.  In the process, in verse 8, he came to the king and said "I have found the book of the law in the house of the LORD."  The book made all of the difference!  The book brought revival in the land and God's people rejoiced as God blessed the land and it's people!  All because of the book!  The Bible is that same book!  We too have the Book and we too can have revival and be blessed!  Look into God's Word today and be blessed!
4) THE PRAYER OF JABEZ- In I Chron. 4:10, Jabez called upon the God of Israel and prayed: "Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!  And God granted him that which he requested."  God say to call upon Him and He will show us great and mighty things which we do not know of.  If God is no respecter of persons and God heard the prayer of Jabez, then we should also be able ask God for His blessings as well.  Start asking today!!
Well, this is all I can write today.  May God's blessings be upon you!  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter