Saturday, November 15, 2008

II Samuel & I Kings

We are traveling through the Old Testament at twenty chapters per day.  There is so much to discuss and usually only a few paragraphs to type in before my busy day begins.  Today is Saturday, and tomorrow is Sunday!!  Praise God!! 
Here are a few items to brings to you:
1) I WILL CALL UPON THE LORD- We sing some chorus, without realizing they are just Bible verses put to music, much like the Psalms were to the Israelites.  In II Sam. 22:4 it says: "I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." Now add this to: Psa 18:46  "The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted."  Change a few words and you have a song many people sing.
2) REPENTANCE- Do you repent when you sin?  David was a man after God's own heart and his repentance helped make him the man that he was.  In II Sam. 24:10, the Bible reads: "And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people."  He felt so bad that he had did wrong.... he had sinned and was repenting of that sin.  Do we do the same?
3) NOTHING FAILED- I Kings 8:56 says "there hath not failed one word of all his good promise..."  God keeps His word!  We can trust Him and live for Him, because He keeps His word!  Take heart dear Christian!
Well, just a few lines today.... God bless!  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter