Thursday, August 2, 2012

ACTING LIKE AN ANGEL

Today is Thursday.  I have a full day planned in preparation for the arrival of some of our teachers this Friday and Saturday.  It is going to be a busy time, but a blessed time.  I was reading in II Peter this morning when this truth struck me:

ACTING LIKE AN ANGEL- In II Peter, chapter 2 it deals with the context of men who are ungodly.  They are presuptuous and sel-willed and not afraid to speak evil of dignities;  but, the next verse says:  (11) "Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the LORD."  The angels do not get in on the accusation game.  They are greater and mightier, and they do see and know the transgressions of man, yet they reserve themselves to only speak that which is gracious and edifying.  They don't even accuse the wicked..... they leave that totally up to God.  Oh, that we too would learn to live like the angels.  Leave others sins and the outcome up to God.  Don't join in the accusation game.  Over the years, I have come to find out about many a good man's fall.  But, I've never read an article about it, (don't want to).  I have never called anyone to "find out more details"  (don't want the details), and I have never made it a subject in my conversations.  (don't want to talk about someone elses's fall)  Got any good news?  Let's talk about that!  Act like an angel!

Pastor Mike Mutchler
have a blessed day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter