Sunday, September 25, 2011

RUTH & I SAMUEL

Today is Sunday!  I love Sundays!  I'm so looking forward to seeing what God is going to do in our midst.  Last Sunday was phenomenal with many saved, baptized, and joining the Church.  I'm looking forward to what God is going to do today.  We have a guest speaker, Bob Vallier, and I know that the LORD will use his ministry among us.  I'm excited!  I read Ruth and into I Samuel today, and here are a few thoughts:

1) HIS PRESENCE BRINGS BLESSING- In the book of Ruth, we see that Elimelech and Naomi's family left Israel because of a famine.  In Moab, we see that Elimelech and his two sons passed away.  They had married and Naomi remains with them after being in Moab for ten years.  In verse 6, we read that Naomi had heard in the land of Moab "that the LORD had visited his people in giving them bread."  God was blessing Israel again.  As a nation turn to God, God's presence is manifested with blessing!!  Oh how I wish the people in Washington understood that!  If our nation turned back to God then God would supernaturally bless this nation.  Period, end of statement!  That's right!  We would not have to have a "think tank" come up with ideas that may or may not fly, but God would supernaturally bless this nation if our people turned back to Him!.  I'm all for doing it, and hope that others will follow.

2) FROM PLEASANT TO BITTER- In Ruth 1:20, we see "And she said unto them, Call me not Naomi, call me Mara:  for the Almighty hath dealt very bitterly with me."  Now, Naomi, means:  Pleasant; and Mara, means: Bitter.  When we leave the will of God for our lives, we go from being pleasant to being bitter.  Naomi had experienced this.  I have seen it over and over again when people leave God's will for their lives.  The only good news is that Naomi got right before the short book of four chapters is over and becomes Pleasant again!  We too can get bitter, and if bitter, we too can become Pleasant again.  I think it is best never to become bitter in the first place and stay in the will of God for our lives.  How about you?

3) POUR IT OUT- In I Samuel 1:15, we see that Hannah is praying for a man child.  Here is what the verse says:  "And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit:  I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD."  Notice two things with me:  a. She had a sorrowful spirit.  Now we know why she did.... she was barren, and others ridiculed her for it.  It was mean and cruel of others to do so, but she endured that year after years.  Finally her heart is broken and she can take no more... she goes to the house of the LORD and prays and weeps before the LORD.  Then notice: b. She poured out her soul before the LORD.  Now herein is the cure for a sorrowful spirit... pour it out to the LORD!!  You can either retain your sorrow and pine away till you die, or you can take your sorrowful soul to the Lord and pour it out before the LORD.  That got results!  Now she is emptied of sorrow, and God fills her with hope, and then with joy.  This too can be our story.  When life's sorrows overwhelm you, pour it out before the LORD!!

Well, I have several more I made note of to share in I Samuel, but I have ran out of time.  Hope you have a blessed Sunday and enjoy church today.  I'm going to!   Pastor Mike Mutchler
P.S.- Hello to my dear Mother who will be here on October 3rd to visit for two weeks.  Love you Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter