Friday, September 2, 2011

GENESIS 11-20

Today is a lovely day in Oregon.  I went to the gym this morning and worked out and now I'm at home.  I just finished going through Genesis 11-20, and I have three thoughts for you from God's Word:
1) IT CAN BE DONE!  I have that mentality in serving the Lord and in life.  I am not one to figure out reasons it cannot be done, but rather look for a way that it can be done.  I believe that it is a biblical philosophy.  I get it from Genesis 11:6  " .... and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."  Here at the tower of Babel, God knew that if people worked together, that they could accomplish anything that they could imagine.  As God's people work together, we should be able to accomplish anything that we imagine and work together to accomplish.  It can be done!  That's my take on life.
2) SOJOURNING IN EGYPT- In Genesis 12:10, we see that "Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land."  He went for a little while, but he stayed longer than he ever imagined, and brought back more than he ever thought.  The seeds of destruction were planted in Egypt.  It was in Egypt that Lot saw the well water plains, and so choose Sodom and Gomorrah because they looked like Egypt's land.  (That didn't work out very well for him.  It bankrupted him financially, socially, spiritually, and his own family was lost!  It was in Egypt that Abram and Sara picked up an Egyptian handmaiden named Hagar.  (that didn't work out well either)  You see Egypt is like the world.... you stay in it a while and it corrupts you far greater than you could ever imagine.  So, don't sojourn in Egypt!
3) HAVE YOU REACHED YOUR TEN?  In Genesis 18:32, Abraham asks the Lord:  "I will speak yet but this once:  Peradventure ten shall be found there.  And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake."  Ten people being reached in Sodom could have spared the city!!  Lot failed to reach his own family of ten, or the city would have been spared.  But before we sail Lot down the river, have we reached our ten?  What if every Christian reached ten people?  That is not a large number, but far greater that what is going on.  Dear Friend, have you led ten people to Christ?  I work at that every week and last night I prayed with one man who accepted Christ as his Savior.  I have personally prayed with thousands, but if every Christian would set a goal to win just ten to Christ in their lifetime, what a wonderful difference it would make, and perhaps,..... God would spare our land!

Hope you have a blessed day.  May God bless!  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter