Sunday, June 19, 2011

PSALMS SOME MORE

Today is Sunday!  I love Sundays!  Yesterday we had a golf tournament starting out early in the morning so I didn't get my blog done.  It was cold and rainy and miserable, but the fellowship was wonderful.  God blessed and it was a blessing.  Today it is overcast, but I'm looking for a great day at Church.  I read ten chapters in Psalms today, and here are three items to share:

1) THE KING OF GLORY- In Psalms 24, it mentions the phrase "King of glory" five times in four verses.  (verses 7-10)  Twice it asks a question:  "Who is the King of glory?"  Here is the answer:  "The Lord strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle."  again... "The LORD of host, he is the King of glory."  Jesus Christ is indeed the King of glory.  We will see that reality in heaven.   We will see the King in all of His glory!  We will know why He is called the King of glory as His glory fills heaven.  Wow!  What a day!

2) THE SMILE OF GOD- In Psalms 31:16, David says:  "Make thy face to shine upon thy servant:"  He is asking God to smile on him.  All we really need is God's approval.  We should live our lives for an audience of One!  God!  His pleasure in us is what we are after, not anything else in life.  Let the words of our mouth, and the meditations of our heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength and my redeemer. 

3) HIS MARVELOUS KINDNESS- In Psalms 31:21, it reads:  "Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shown me his marvelous kindness in a strong city."  His marvelous kindness.  What a wonderful truth, what a wonderful phrase!  Here is what I read in the New Testament:  Ephesians 2:7  "That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus."  Here we see that God not only had marvelous kindness to save us, but that in the "ages to come" He will show the exceeding riches of his grace in His kindness toward us!!  Wow.  God is kind to us, and will show that over and over throughout eternity.  How we ought to praise His holy name!

Lord, smile upon me today.  I desire Your approval, and only Yours.  Let my life reflect Your goodness.  Let me be an extension of who You are.  Let my life reflect some of Your kindness and glory.  I am just a vessel in Your hand.... use me LORD.  I love You, and I need You today and everyday.  Smile on me dear LORD!  Amen.

Have a blessed day.  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter