Sunday, February 6, 2011

I & II Chronicles

Today is Sunday!  I'm so looking forward to seeing what God will do.  Sundays encourage me.  Sunday morning services remind me that God is still on His throne, He still speaks to hearts, and His Word is just as powerful as it has always been!  I need Sundays!

Today, I finished reading I Chronicles and started into II Chronicles.  Here are a few items I want to share:
1) GOD IS SEARCHING- In I Chronicles 28:9, it says:  "..:  For the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts:  if thou seek him, he will be found of thee;"  God is searching the hearts and imaginations of hearts to see if someone is seeking for Him.  IF that person is seeking for God, they WILL find Him!  God reveals Himself to those who seek!  Are you looking for God this morning in your heart and imagination?  He is standing ready to be found by you. 
2) INSPIRED DRAWINGS- In I Chronicles 29:19, David is talking about the temple drawings and here is what he says:  "All this, said David, the LORD made me understand in writing by his hand upon me, even all the works of this pattern."  That sounds like inspiration to me!  And, what God was inspiring was the drawings of the temple. (the blueprints) God can inspire not only His Word, but our actions, His purposes, etc.; even down to the drawings of the temple.  What a great God we serve!
3) I LOVE CHURCH!  David said in I Chronicles 29:3 "Moreover, because I have set my affection to the house of my God, I have of mine own proper good, of gold and silver, which I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house."  Because David loved the house of God, he gave to see God's house built.  His treasures went where his Heart was!  Yesterday, I was struck by this verse but didn't have time to comment upon it.  I Chronicles 22:14 "Now, behold, in my trouble I have prepared for the house of the LORD an hundred thousand talents of gold, and a thousand thousand talents of silver; and of brass and iron without weight; for it is in abundance:  timber also and stone have I prepared; and thou mayest add thereto."  The thought is that David said:  "In my trouble", I did thus and thus.  David's heart was for the house of God in good times and in bad times.  In days of ease and days of trouble.  He still did what he knew to do to be a blessing to God's house.  I hope that we too do the same!
4) THE BONUSES OF WISDOM- In II Chronicles 1:10, Solomon asked God for wisdom and understanding to judge the people of God.  These came with the bonus of Riches, and Honour.  God gave some bonuses with the wisdom Solomon asked for.  Isn't that just like God to give more than we ask for?  Jeremiah 33:3 says:  "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and she thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."
Well, so much for today.  I hope you have a wonderful day at Church.  Let God encourage you and bless you!  He wants to.
Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter