Thursday, February 3, 2011

II Kings & I Chronicles

Today is Thursday.  We had Evangelist Tom Williams with us last night, and he preached a very powerful message about the ant being very wise in that it prepared for the winter.  To us, we need to prepare for Death, since everyone of us has that appointment.  It was a blessing!
I finished up II Kings and went into I Chronicles, and here are a few items I would like to share with you this morning:
1) SET THINE HOUSE IN ORDER- II Kings 20:1 "... Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live."  We all need to take advantage to this command.  Hezekiah was sick, and Isaiah the prophet told him that he was going to die and that he need set his house in order.  We are going to die.  Do we have our house in order?  Do you have a will?  Do you have insurance to take care of your loved ones?  Have you trusted Christ as your personal Savior?  Are you ready to met God and are you living your life for Christ?  These are all questions you will need to answer if you are setting your house in order for the day of your death.  Be sure to do these things and you will be ready to met the LORD whenever He calls you home.
2) ADDED YEARS-In II Kings 20:6, it says:  "And I will add unto thy days fifteen years;"  Hezekiah was told he would die.  He then wept before the LORD and the LORD added fifteen years to his life.  The days of man we are told are three score and ten.  That is 70.  If you live beyond those years as many do, they are "added years".  How will you use those "added years" for the LORD?  What will you do with them?  Take vacations?  See the world?  OR, go on a Missions trip, win others to Christ, help around the church house, cleaning, painting, decorating, organizing, landscaping, etc.  Will your added years count for Christ?  Hezekiah blew his added years.  He laid the foundation for destruction by doing foolish things in his "added years".  Let that not be said of us.  Let us use your time wisely for Christ and His glory!
3) HOW IN THIS WORLD!  You have got to think that when you read in II Kings 22:1 & 2  "Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign,..... And he did that which was right i the sight of the LORD,"  How does it happen?  I was talking to a young lady in our school a few days ago and when I hear about her family life (or lack of one) and how she has to raise the other children in her home while her Mom is off with "friends".  I asked her:  "How did you turn out right?"  She has a real heart for God.  I have to ask this same question of Josiah.  How in this world does he turn out right?  His grandfather is Manasseh, the most wicked king Judah ever had! He reigned 55 years, the longest of anyone ever!  And his father was Amon, who reigned only two years, took the kingdom at 22, and conceived Josiah at 16 years old.  Amon's servants killed him (the king) and Josiah reigned in his stead.  With such wickedness all around him, how did he turn out right?  Here is the answer:  When he was 18 years old... he sent people to clean out the temple which his grandfather had destroyed.... and Hilkiah the high priest said in verse 8: "I have hound the book of the law in the house of the LORD."  Then it was read to the king and he rent his clothes and humbled himself before God, and the king had it read to the people and they turned the kingdom around to God.  The BOOK made the difference.... and it always will!!  Get in the BOOK and let God change your life too!
LORD, thank you for today.  Thank You I have Your BOOK to read today.  I heard from You, I felt Your presence, I rejoiced in the good things You spoke to my heart.  LORD, I want to keep my ears in tune to Your voice all day today.  I want to keep You at the forefront of my thoughts, as the reason behind all of my actions.  LORD, flow through me to touch others today.  Let my life be Your instrument.  Use me however You wish.  I want to live sold out to You throughout the day, every moment of the day.  I am nothing.  I am weak.  But today.... I am Yours completely!  Love you LORD!  Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter