Saturday, February 26, 2011

Enjoying 10 Psalms!

Today is Saturday, and I am enjoying reading again in the Psalms.  Since there are 150 Psalms, and I'm reading 10 chapters a day this year and writing about them, I have two weeks in the Psalms.  They are a joy to read each day.  Here are just a few thoughts:
1) A GOD FOR TROUBLE- Psalms 86:7 reads: "In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee:  for thou wilt answer me."  God is there even though we neglect Him at times, but when trouble comes, and we call out to Him in the midst of our great need.... we find that He is a God for trouble.  He is there!  He has answers!  He has the power to control the situation.  We can look to Him with great confidence. 
2) READY TO DIE- In Psalms 88:15, David says:  "I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up:..."  Are you ready to die?  Ever since I trusted Christ as my personal Savior at the age of nine, I have been ready to die.  I know that when death comes, Heaven becomes my reality.  So death is not my enemy, but my passage to Heaven.  I've not been afraid of death for that reason.  I'm looking forward to Heaven whenever God is through with me here on earth, I'm ready to head home!  I've got many loved ones already there, and Heaven becomes more precious all of the time.  I hope that you to are ready.  If you are saved, don't fear death.... it is not your enemy. 
3) WILL YOU HEAR HIS VOICE TODAY?  I love what it says in Psalms 95:7  "For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.  To day, if ye will hear his voice, (vs. 8) Harden not your heart,.."  It says, To day, IF ye WILL hear his voice.  God is speaking and the question is are we listening?  Do you desire for God to speak to you?  If you do, have you looked into His Word today?  Have you sought Him in prayer today?  Have you sung His praises today?  Have you thought about Him today?  God IS speaking, and we MUST be listening, or else our hearts are already hardened.  Speak LORD, for thy servant heareth!
Well, so much for today.  I have a men's prayer breakfast and I'm looking forward to being with our guys.  Then outreach this morning.  It is going to be a great day, and tomorrow is Sunday!!  Yeah!!  I'm so looking forward to Sunday!  Have a blessed day.  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter