Saturday, February 19, 2011

IN THE PSALMS

Today is Saturday, and I am excited that tomorrow is Sunday.  Today, I will fellowship with our men and then go out on our morning outreach.  It will be a great time to reach out today.  I have read in Psalms this morning, and a few verses jumped out at me, and I will share a few of them.
1) KEEP ME- David asks God to keep him in Psalms 17:8, but in a special way.  He says:  "Keep me as the apple of the eye," Since our eyes are so important, and so sensitive, God has given them great protection.  Our eyelids can close very quickly and when we shut our eyes tightly, our cheeks rise up to cover our eyes and our brows come down to cover our eyes.  They shut out the light and protect us.  The apple of one's eye is the reflection we see on the pupil of our eyes.  The most sensitive part of the eye, and thus the most protected.  God keeps us (protects us) as the most sensitive of all His creation.  We are the apple of His eye.  When we one day look into the eyes of God we will see our reflection, for His eyes are upon us.  Not physical eyes of course, but His spiritual self is turned upon us!  He loves and keeps us!
2) I WILL BE SATISFIED- One of these days!  Yes, one of these days, I will be satisfied.  Psalms 17:15 says:  "As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness:  I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."  I will be like the Lord one day.  Not a god, but eternally with Him in Heaven.  Then, when I rest in righteousness, when I rest in His presence.... then, I will be satisfied!  Yes, one of these days!
3) GOD REVEALS HIMSELF THROUGH HIS CREATION- Psalms 19:1-3 tells us that.  In verse one we see:  "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork."  God shows Himself through the heavens and the earth.  He declares His glory!  In verse 2 we see that He does this every day and night.  "Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge."  He reveals Himself day and night thoughout time and eternity.  He declares His glory every moment of every day and the heavens shout out the glory of our great God!  Then in verse three we see that He shows His glory to all peoples.  "There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."  So we realize that God declares His glory 1) throughout all creation, 2) throughout all time, and 3) throughout all peoples of the earth.  Verses one through three!
3) WHO WE TRUST- Psalms 20:7 says:  "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses:  but we will remember the name of the LORD our God."  My faith is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness!  On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.  That song sure reminds us to put our trust in the LORD and not in the strength the world offers us.  May God always be our only source of trust and dependence. 
4) PROPHETIC CHAPTER- Psalms 22.  This chapter contains at least six prophecies concerning the death of Jesus Christ our Savior.  vs. 1 "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"; vs. 14 "I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint:  my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels."; vs. 15 "my tongue cleaveth to my jaws:; vs. 16 "they pierced my hands and my feet."; vs. 17 "they look and stare upon me."; and vs. 18 "They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture."  Jesus Christ fulfilled prophecy showing His is the Messiah, the Savior of the whole earth!! 

Well, my time has come and gone!  May God bless and tomorrow is Sunday!!  Yeah!!  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter