Monday, January 25, 2010

PSALMS

What a glorious day we had yesterday at Church!  God met with us and His presence was a blessing!  I preached my heart out and God's people were so responsive.  What a great truth was preached and how God drove it home to hearts.  Thank you Jesus! 

I'm in Psalms again and it has been a blessing to read this morning.  Let me share with you a few thoughts: 

1) HE MADE US TO CLIMB- Psalms 18:33 says:  "He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places."  Like the goat upon the cliffs, God made us to climb over obstacles, and to climb to new heights.  2 Samuel 22:34 " He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places."  Habakkuk 3:19  "The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places...."   Don't hunker down when obstacles face you... start climbing over them by faith!

2) SIX PROPHECIES IN PSALMS 22- Psalms 22:1 "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?"   /  Psalms 22:8  "He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him."  /  Psalms 22:14 " I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels."  /  Psalms 22:15  "My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death." (I thirst)  /   Psalms 22:16  "For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet."  /  Psalms 22:18  "They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture."  /  And, let me throw in Psalms 31:5  "Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth."   When Jesus said He came to fulfill all Scripture, He meant it!  Jesus said:  John 5:39  "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." 

3) LOVE CHURCH! - Psalms 26:8  "LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth."   Psalms 27:4  "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple."   David loved Church!  Psalms 122:1  "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD."   We ought to have a great love for Church as well.  Attend expecting God to speak to your heart!

Well, I have more I could write about, but my time has gone.  Have a blessed day and I will see you again tomorrow!  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter