Tuesday, January 19, 2010

II CHRONICLES

Allow me to share with you a few truths I found as I read this morning:

1) ONLY TWO TABLETS- In II Chronicles 5:10, it says:  "There was nothing in the ark save the two tables which Moses put therein at Horeb,"  Only the ten commandments were left.  Now remember that it at one time, held three articles, and each article had a meaning:  The Tables of Stone upon which the Ten Commandments were written/ God's Precepts;  The bowl of manna from the wilderness/ God's Provision;  The rod of Aaron that budded in the wilderness/ God's Protection.   Now only God's Precepts (the 10 commandments are left)  Here is the thought that I had this morning:  When you ignore the Precepts.... you lose the Provision & Protection of God!  Surely this is what happened to the Ark over these hundreds of years!

2) HUMILITY- One of the things you will see when you read the history books in the Bible about Israel & Judah, is how God's attention is gotten through humility.  A king or kingdom can be as wicked as the devil, and then have judgment pronounced upon them by God; but, if they humble themselves.... God hears and sees and responds with mercy.  Oh how we who desire to live our lives for Jesus Christ ought to walk humbly before man and God.  Here are some verses to showcase this truth:  2 Chronicles 12:6-7  "Whereupon the princes of Israel and the king humbled themselves; and they said, The LORD is righteous.  And when the LORD saw that they humbled themselves, the word of the LORD came to Shemaiah, saying, They have humbled themselves; therefore I will not destroy them, but I will grant them some deliverance; and my wrath shall not be poured out upon Jerusalem by the hand of Shishak".  2 Chronicles 12:12  "And when he humbled himself, the wrath of the LORD turned from him, that he would not destroy him altogether: and also in Judah things went well."    2 Chronicles 32:26  "Notwithstanding Hezekiah humbled himself for the pride of his heart, both he and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the wrath of the LORD came not upon them in the days of Hezekiah."  2 Chronicles 33:12  "And when he was in affliction, he besought the LORD his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers,"  

3) ASA'S PRAYER- 2 Chronicles 14:11  "And Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee."    King Asa cried out to God when a great multitude came against Judah.  He had no power to win the battle, but he knew that the battle was the LORD's and so he prayed.  We have his prayer recorded here.  We too face times when our strength is not enough, our provision is lacking, and we too should call upon the LORD just as Asa did acknowledging our need of God and our total dependence upon Him.  May God help us! 

LORD, I love you today!  I'm so glad to be called Your child, and I want to live like one all day today.  Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength and my redeemer.  Help me to keep your precepts and know your provision and protection.  Let me walk ever humbly before You and before man as well.  Let me be empty of self, and full of thee.  Teach me to call on Thee when overwhelmed and look to Your strength, not mine.  Love you Lord.... let me walk with You throughout the day... let me hear Your voice.  Speak LORD.... for thy servant heareth!  Amen.

Have a blessed day.   Pastor Mike Mutchler



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter