Saturday, October 3, 2009

PROVERBS & ECCLESIASTES

It is Saturday morning, and I have to be at a men's meeting in just a little while, so here are thoughts I wrote down in the margin of my Bible this morning:

1) AND- In Prov. 25:21,22 I have read many times:  "If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:  For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee."  I knew all about the coals of fire, but that "and the LORD shall reward thee."  I must have not registered when I read it.  You see the motivation for me is not the coals of fire, I don't want to trouble even an enemy of mine.  But I am concerned about that "and".  Because I do want the LORD to reward me.  Let that be our motivation in being kind to those who do not care for us.

2) HEART TO HEART- Prov. 27:19 says:  "As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man."  We see our reflection when we look into a pool of water, and our face shows back to us.  When we look at other godly men, we see their heart looking back to us.  We come together in men's meetings to see each others heart!  I think this would apply to a lady as well.

3) TIMING- Eccl. 3 tells us that there is a "time for every purpose under the heaven:"  So, it then proceeds to tell us all of the times that are needful.  As in all of life, the question is not "having time to do what needs to be done"; but "doing the right thing at the right time!"  For there is already "time" for every purpose under heaven, but we might not be doing the right thing at the right time! 

Well, my time.... is gone!  It is time for me to be getting in my car and heading to the church!  May God bless you very richly in all that you do!
Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter