Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Kings

Another glorious day.  Warm and sunny!  Here are a few thoughts from I Kings.

1) THE RAIN IS COMING!  I Kings 18:41 says:  "There is a sound of abundance of rain."  Ever see rain a far off and then see it coming towards you?  Ever hear the sound in the distance of the rain hitting the earth, trees, roof tops, asphalt, etc.?  "Mercy drops round us are falling, oh for the showers we plead."  I hear the sound of the rain!  It's coming!  I hear the sounds of God's blessings, I hear the sound of more souls being saved, I hear the sounds of a crowded auditorium, I hear the sounds of lives being changed..... they are all happening now as the mercy drops fall around us, but I hear..... the sound of the rain falling hard!!  I hope that is what you hear in your life and future.

2) IT COST HIM HIS LIFE- Naboth was killed by Ahab who wanted just to buy his field.  But Naboth said this in I Kings 21:3 "The LORD forbid it me, that I should give the inheritance of my fathers unto thee."  I cannot give up what my father, who is now in heaven, and my mentors, like Dr. Hyles who is in heaven, have given me.  The LORD forbid that I should give the inheritance of my fathers away!  They gave me a King James Bible and I'm sticking with it.  They gave me a clear and focused love for the Church, and I'm sticking with it.  They gave me a passion for lost souls, and I'm sticking with it.  They gave me the tools of prayer and Bible reading, and I'm sticking with it.  They taught me to give my best to the LORD, not "come any which way you are".  (that is fine for sinners, but not for saints!)  And I'm sticking with it!  In this day, it may cost me to stick with the old fashion principles that shaped our nation and churches across this great land, but Naboth gave his life, can I do less than stand for the same inheritance my fathers have given me?  Here I stand!

3)FAITH WITH BLISTERS- "Make this valley full of ditches"  II Kings 3:16
4)MIRACLES NO BIGGY WITH GOD- "this is but a light thing in the sight of the LORD" II Kings 3:18
5. SAVE A POT OF OIL- II Kings 4:2- This is all the widow had... and all she needed!
6. THE JOURNEY OF FAITH- II Kings 4:23- "...It shall be well."  Her son is dead, but she is off to see the Man of God.... is shall be well!
7. ABANA and PHARPAR- II Kings 5:12, beautiful rivers in Damascus, but the ole muddy River Jordan was what the man of God said for Naaman to dip in seven times.  Modern things in the church look well, but the old things bring the blessing!
8. ANGELS UNAWARES- II Kings 6:17 "open his eyes, that he may see."  "...the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha."  God protects us too!
9. WHY WAIT ON GOD? II Kings 6:33- "..what should I wait for the LORD any longer?"  Oh, there are hundreds of reasons we should wait on the LORD.  Here's one: He is GOD!!
OK, OK... I'll stop!  You see my problem?  Anyone of these I could write a page of thoughts about.  The Word of God is so full.... I just have to pick a few plumb plums of blessing each morning and share them with you.  There are so many other ripe fruit I have to pass over that I would love to pick and show you.  They also are ripe and juicy with truth and blessing.  May you have a blessed day!
Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter