Sunday, March 1, 2009

GENESIS 21-40

We had a wonderful service at church today.  Both Sunday morning and Sunday evening were special to me.  I enjoyed them so much and what a blessing they were.  Thank you people for allowing me the privilege of being the pastor of such great people.   Here are just two thoughts for today:

1) WORDS OR FEELINGS?  In Gen. 27:22, Jacob went into Isaac to steal the birthright of his brother.  In doing so, he wore his brother's clothes and put lamb's skin on his arms.  He spoke in his own voice, the voice of Jacob, but he smelled and felt like Esau.  Here is what Jacob said:  "The voice is Jacob's voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau."  Now, he trusted his feelings not the words of Jacob.  Now, here is the thing.  He was basing his decision on his feelings.  He should have placed his faith in the words that were spoken by Jacob.  How does this relate today?  Today, so many Christians are concerned with their feelings instead of the Word of God.  They have little authoritative guidelines because they put their feelings above the Word of God.  Now Christianity is certainly an emotional connection, but above all, it is a Biblical connection.  We have deep feelings, but they should all be biblically based.  The Bible gives credence to our feelings, not the other way around.  Our feelings will fool us!  They will miss lead us... remember, the Bible says:  There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the ends thereof are the ways of death.  Our feelings will lead us astray IF we do not keep them in check with Bible truth!  You could have cancer and feel ok, but you need medical treatment.  You could feel sickly and have no medical problem with you.  Our feelings can and do lie to us at times.  Trust the Word of God, and feel very deeply as you fall in love with Jesus in the boundaries of truth.

2) THIS DREAMER COMETH- In Gen. 37:19, we see the Bible saying:  "Behold, this dreamer cometh."  Now, I've always been a dreamer myself.  I see the dream of ministry.  I see the dream of people growing and going for God.  I see the dream of reaching people for Jesus Christ.  I see the dream of serving the Lord with my life.  Now, let me ask you a question:  "Are you a dreamer?"  We need to have some dreams for God.  Why not today think about what your dreams for God would be?  Why not jot down a dream or two.  Something you would like to see happen in your life, or through your life, for God.

Well, I'm catching an early plane ride to Kentucky to preach there for a two days, and then home late Wednesday.  I hope I can write to you from Kentucky, but if they do not have internet access, I'll write some more on Thursday.  May God bless you!!
Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter