Sunday, January 25, 2009

SUNDAY IN THE PSALMS

It's Sunday, and I'm in the Psalms!  There is a dusting of snow on the ground, but it will melt off soon I hope.  But, I can see it snowing from my rocking chair as I read right now... BUT, this is the day that the LORD hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!!  I'm so looking forward to Church today.  Being with God's people, singing, preaching, teaching, giving, seeing people saved!  It's going to be great!

Here are a few thoughts from the Psalms:
1) HELP CAN BE FOUND AT CHURCH- Yes it can!  In Psalms 20:2, it says: "Send thee help from the sanctuary,"  God sends out help to His people from His Church!  Every local church should be a place of spiritual help to all who attend.  The wisdom of God's Word is preached and the Spirit of God moves in our midst to teach, lead, and correct us.  You can be helped by attending church!
2) I LOVE THE CHURCH- Yes, this is what David was saying in Ps. 26:8- "LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth."  We too should have a love for church.  Do you have that?  I am not asking if you attend church, but I am asking if you love church.  Do you?  We must learn to love the things that God loves, and God loves the church.  His own Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ died for the church!!  This alone, makes it of tremendous value!  I love the church and I'm looking forward to being there today! 
David also said in Psalms 27:4 "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple."  Wow!  David really, really loved church!!  So do I!

Short and sweet today, I'm off to church!  Have a blessed day!!  Dr. Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter