Sunday, November 2, 2008

GENESIS

It's a lovely Saturday morning in Mahattan, Kansas.  I'm going to spend some time with other men who are starting churches today.  We will do an activity together while the wives go shopping.  It looks to be a good day.  The service was over about 11:00pm last night but the last sermon was great and enjoyable.  Bro. Richard King from Oklahoma preached, and I'm going to be asking him to fly to Oregon and preach for us as well.  I know my people would enjoy so much his preaching.  Tomorrow is Sunday!!  I love Sundays!!  But, I will not be with my people so I will be a little sad.  I remember the first Sunday I spent away from my people years ago, I cried when I thought about it because I missed them so much.  I know it will be a good day in Beavercreek, and a good day for Harvest Baptist Church here in Kansas. 

 

Today, I've started reading through the Bible again.  I begin with the first twenty chapters of Genesis.  So much is covered in these chapters that I cannot ever begin to do them justice, but I want to point out just a few things:

 

1) IT ALL BEGINS WITH GOD! Chapter one of Genesis, tells us how it all begins with God.  "In the beginning God…"  God is the solitary subject of Genesis chapter one and we must focus on God if we are to see creation and its purpose clearly.  Notice these phrases in chapter one:

"God created"; "God moved"; "God said"; "God saw"; "God divided"; "God called"; "God said"; "God made"; "God called"; "God said"; "God called"; "God saw"; "God said"; "God saw"; "God said"; "God made"; "God set"; "God saw"; "God said"; "God created"; "God saw"; "God blessed"; "God said"; "God made"; "God saw"; "God said"; "God created"; "God created"; "God said"; and "God saw".  All of these phrases are found in the very first chapter of the Bible.  Maybe God is telling us that everything is to center around Him!!  Dear Christian, focus upon the LORD today and let Him have control of your life!!

2) ISHA AND ISH.  Gen. 2:23 says: "she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."  Woman is ISHA (out of man); and Man is ISH (man).  Woman came out of man, but the Savior came out of woman!!  The virgin birth is the miracle of God that gave to us our Savior.

 

My time is gone and I'm just getting started!  See you tomorrow, but let the thought be for today that our focus is to be upon the LORD!!  May God bless you!!   Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter