Monday, February 11, 2008

God's Promises!

I just finished reading Jeremiah chapters 27 through 46. These chapters take longer to read because Jeremiah is full of long verses. Most books of the Bible have fewer words per verse and chapter, but Jeremiah is full of words in every verse. It is all about judgment on the nation of Judah, but there is hope scattered throughout the chapters. Jeremiah is saying to to the Babylonian captivity and later, God will call us out together as a great nation as we were called out of Egypt. Sadly, the leaders do not listen. Listen to what God says to His people: Jer. 32:27-"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" I'm glad we have a God who has no limit to His power and ability! We should be a very trusting people, and yet we are so human as to be filled with doubt and fears about the various situations life throws at us. Take heart that God is able to deliever us and bless us! Nothing is too hard for Him!!
In Jer. 33:3, one of my favorite verses: "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and sho thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Just as in Isaiah when it said "Fear not thou worm, Israel"; this verse also puts great hope in me. I got over the fear while reading Isaiah about coming 2,300 miles from home to Oregon to start a church, but though I was no longer fearful, I still didn't know what would happen. But Jer. 33:3 gave me hope! It told me I could pray about great things to a great God and that He would hear and answer me. I come to expect great things from God and I still do to this day. So many times the eyes of flesh have not seen an answer, but the eyes of faith believe God is still going to show me great and mighty things. I hope you will start looking at God's promises instead of your present situation. It gives me hope when I keep my eyes on Him!! Coffee is getting cold, so I'll see you tomorrow. Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter