Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Book of Romans

I'm writing this in the evening.  On Saturday's I meet early for our men's prayer breakfast.  I had the opportunity to teach the men for a few minutes and then usually we have some question and answers so they have the opportunity of asking me Bible questions.  We had a great breakfast as always.  Merle and Betty White have done so well for these past dozen years and Betty is so good to come early and cook a great breakfast and then to clean up afterwards.  I know she will get greatly rewarded in Heaven.  Then at 9:00am to about 1:30pm, we had a church work day where we painted the trim in the foyer.  Hundreds of feet of trim top and bottom.  Some hallways were painted, and I worked on getting a water source to the coffee station.  I crawled in the attic with very little space and a lot of insulation.  It wore me out.  Then I cooked about sixty hamburgers for all of the helpers.  It was a good time had by all and they church got spruced up nicely.  So... this evening I read my twenty chapters.  Romans is an amazing book!  It is the doctrinal book of the New Testament.  The first twelve chapters deal with doctrine, and the last four deal with Christian living.  Salvation by Grace through faith is the message.  I'm so glad that we are saved by God's grace.  Today's chat will be brief, but tomorrow I'll write some more.  May God bless and I hope these are a help to you.  Pastor Mike Mutchler


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter