Thursday, December 23, 2010

ROMANS & I CORINTHIANS

During this Christmas season, we have taken more time off from work.  We have stayed up late watching Hallmark movies that tug at the heart, and slept in late.... praises!  During the year, our staff doesn't have a day off as such, but I do give them fridays off during the summer months and then the Christmas holidays.  Most of them are out of state right now and with their families.  We miss them, but are so glad they have this time to get around their families.  I never had that opportunity since I've been in Oregon, but I'm glad that they have a boss who cares for them.  I try to be very easy to work with and work for.  The staff is a blessing to our people and I love them dearly.  This morning, I again did not get far before I had several items I wanted to share.  Here they are:
1) PUT ON CHRIST- Romans 13:14 says:  "But put ye on the LORD Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof."  I know that the phrase "put ye on the LORD Jesus Christ" is a phrase that means to put on like you would put on a jacket, or an overcoat.  It means to cover yourself with.  We are to cover ourselves with Jesus Christ.  Now, He lives within us and we know that Scripturally and experimentally.  (He lives within us, and we know it!)  But, this idea is to so "put" on the LORD Jesus Christ, that everyone else will know it.  Do people see Christ "put on" your life?  Do they see Jesus when they look at you?  This is exactly what the Bible is saying should be.  Let us put on Jesus Christ that they whole world may know.
2) THAT WE MIGHT KNOW- I Corinthians 2:11 says:  ".... even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." and then verse 12 "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but he spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God"  and then verse 16 says:  "... But we have the mind of Christ."  The Holy Spirit of God knows the mind of God, being God, and thus lets us know His mind, so we have the mind of the Father, the mind of the Holy Ghost, and the mind of Christ, (the godhead).  All because we have been born again, not of the flesh, but of the spirit, and the Holy Spirit wants us to "know the things that are freely given to us of God".  God wants us to know the things He knows and wants us to know!  Wow!!  Amen!
3) IT IS ALL OURS!  I Corinthians 3:21-23 says: "Therefore let no man glory in men, For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollas, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's."  God says all things are ours!  Then the Bible goes on to list the things that are ours: Spiritual leaders (like Paul, Apollas, & Cephas), or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come, all are yours!  Yeah!  Everything has been provided to us by our God... it's all ours!  Use it wisely dear friend.
4) WHAT WILL YE?  Paul asks this question of the Corinthians in I Cor. 4:21 "What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?"  Paul is saying, you have a choice... will I come with a rod or meekness?  Now, being a pastor, I know which I choose to come in.  I want to come in meekness.  Throughout my many years as a pastor, I have known some who do not respond to that.  They resist and resist thinking that meekness is our only choice as a pastor, but it is not.  I have very rarely used anything other than meekness, especially behind the pulpit, but there are times when the rod is the only thing that will solve the growing issue.  A man or woman's disobedience can be handled with meekness even if they choose not to listen, but when they willfully confuse others or seek to enlist others of your church to their disobedient ways, then sometimes the cancer has to be cut out.  Sad that they would not listen to the truth in meekness.  That is the way any pastor would choose.  But here, Paul reminds us that it is the person's choice.... "What will ye?" 
Well, so much for today.  While I have been typing, I have had five counselling sessions over the phone or email.  A light day.  May God richly bless you my friend!  Merry Christmas!!
Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter