Thursday, September 2, 2010

HOME FROM EUROPE

Last night my dear wife and I returned home from Europe.  We spent 17 days in Europe and 12 of those days were on a cruise, 2 were in Barcelona, Spain, and 3 days were in travel there and back.  Going their you loose a day and coming back takes place in the same day.  Well, it was wonderful, but there is no place like home! 

This morning, I read chapters 21-40 in Genesis.  I read slowly and savored each chapter.  How I enjoyed it.  I marked up way more than I could ever share, but it was a blessing for me.  Here are a few thoughts:

1) GOD KEEPS HIS WORD- Gen. 21:1- "And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken."    Also, in Gen. 28:15 it says:  "And, behold, I am withthee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of."   God keeps His word and of that we can be sure!  We do not see it happen on our time table, but we see it unfold on His time table.  It happens!  God is a God who keeps His Word and of this we can be most definitely sure!!

2) THE LORD WILL PROVIDE- Gen. 22:14 says:  "And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh:  as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen."    Jehovahjireh means:  "The LORD will provide".  Now, before claiming this promise, notice that Abraham had obeyed God in offering Isaac for a sacrifice.  We know God intervened, but still Abraham was willing to go through with it.  Abraham had faith, he said:  "it shall be seen".  He obeyed God's voice (vs. 18) and because of that, God provided.  We can obey God and know that He too will provide for us.  Be patient, the LORD will provide!!

3) SORROW RELEASED- Sorrows can stay with us a while.  The Bible illustrates that for us in the life of Isaac.  Isaac was the son born to Sarah in her old age, and there was a strong bond between mother and son.  Isaac grieved for his mother's death for many years.  In Gen. 24:67 it says:  "And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her:  and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death."  This took place 13 years after Sarah, his mother's death.  It took 13 years before Isaac was comforted, but the comfort came.  His sorrow is released, and now, he goes on with his life.  We too must release sorrow, but realize that it can take a while to happen.  All in God's timing!!

Well, this is all I have time for.... Good to back home and on line.  Join with me again every day.  I've enjoyed two cups of coffee and God's Holy Word!  Blessings on you my friend!
Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter