Sunday, June 27, 2010

Titus-Philemon-Hebrews

It's Sunday!  A beautiful day is in the making and the most beautiful part of it is that it is Sunday!  We have the young ladies from Hyles Anderson College to sing for us and Dr. & Mrs. Pete Cowling to teach on Marriage in the Sunday School hour.  I am looking forward to preaching to my dear people in the morning service.  I have a full day planned out, but I'm hoping to be used of God today and see God move in the lives of people.  Wanting a great crowd, souls saved, people baptized, families to join the church, and Christians to be blessed!  Make it so Lord!  Only You can do it.
Here are some thoughts I had while I read this morning:

1) A SERVANT-A BROTHER- Paul told Philemon about Onesimus in Philemon 1:16 "Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved,..."  Now this reminded me that we are brothers in Christ, but we are also told to serve one another in love.  So this same relationship of Servant-Brother, is what every Christian is to experience with every other Christian.  We are brothers by virtue of the new birth; we are servants by virtue of our following Christ's commands to serve one another in love.  Today, as you go to Church, see every other believer as your Brother, and yourself as their Servant.

2) MORE EARNEST HEED- Hebrews 2:1 says:  "Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip."  That phrase "more earnest heed" is a very strong way of putting it.  It means that we ought to very earnestly resolve to heed all that we have been taught from God's precious Word.  We must work to obey these truths lest they slip and we slip away from obedience and fellowship with our God.  Heaven help us!

3) I WILL SING-Hebrews 2:12 says:  "Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee."  We sing in Church because God's Word says we should sing in church.  Therefore:  I will sing in Church;  I will sing so others can hear;  I will sing to the best of my ability;  I will sing with enthusiasm;  I will put my whole heart into singing the songs at Church.  Thus I will be declaring God's name to the brethren as I sing His praises and the Hymns that lift up His name and bring Him glory.  Sing dear brethren!

4) COMPASSED WITH INFIRMITY- Hebrews 5:2 says concerning the earthly priest (and preacher)  "Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity."  Our own struggles, give us the compassion we need for others!  We don't like the struggles... we only want the victory!  But, our infirmities is what opens our hearts for all that are "out of the way", because we too struggle to live righteous lives, and we too fail in the struggle.  Our Salvation is not based on our winning our struggles, our struggle is to show Christ our effort, not our accomplishments.  So, yes, preachers struggle and that is why the Bible says:  "Looking unto Jesus..."  Our only perfect example!

5) WILL NOT FORGET-WILL FORGET- These verses contrast what God will not forget, and what God will not remember.  Hebrews 6:10 "For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shown towards his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister."  God will not forget the service we give to other brethren in the name of Jesus Christ!  Keep it up dear brother.  Then, we see these verses:  Hebrews 8:12 "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more."  and Hebrews 10:17 "And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more."  So our sins are what God will forget.  Praise God for that! 

That is all for now, so much more I could share as well.  Hope you have a blessed day!  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter