Tuesday, December 9, 2008

JEREMIAH FROM TENNESSEE

Good morning from Tennessee!  I'm visiting with my parents, brother, and one of my sisters this week.  My wife and I spent most of the day in travel yesterday, and will enjoy our time spent with loved ones in another state.  We have been blessed to have to many hundreds of loved ones in Oregon.  I've had two cups of coffee this morning, and my mother is cooking breakfast.  What a joy to sit in a rocker beside my mother as she read her Bible, and I was reading mine.  She has sat on the couch every morning reading her Bible and what a wonderful memory that has given to me, and tremendous example!

I finished up Jeremiah today, and here are a few of the things that jumped out at me:

 

1) GOD'S GOOD THOUGHTS- Jer. 29:11 says: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."  God has good thoughts for us… He wants to bless us.  God is great, God is good!!  Let us never forget that!  Also in Jer. 31:3, God says: "I have loved thee with an everlasting love:"

2) GOD IS GREAT!- Jer. 32:27 "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?"  God is great and powerful!  Nothing is too hard for God…. Be reminded of that when you pray!!  Look to God in hope.  Pray in hope, knowing that God has the power to answer any prayer.  Though we do not know His will in everything, we do know He has the power to do what ever He desires!  What a great God we serve!!

3) KINGS AND PRIESTS!-  Jer. 33:22 says:  "As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me."   Earlier, in the same chapter God says that if you could break His covenant with the day, and His covenant with the night, that His covenant with David could be broken as well.  Now through Jesus Christ we see the fulfillment of this covenant.  (Rev 1:6)  "And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."  We are the fulfillment of kings and priest!  Jesus is the King of kings….. we are the kings… He is the KING!!  Wow!  We help fulfill this prophetic word of Jeremiah. 

 

Well, I'm going to start fellowshipping with my Dad and Mom.  Have a blessed day, and for all those in Oregon, I love you dearly!!   Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter