Thursday, August 7, 2008

ISAIAH - JEREMIAH

Today I finished up Isaiah and went into the first six chapters of Jeremiah.  Here are a few thoughts:
1) GET READY TO GROW- Isaiah 54:2 says "lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes".  This was to enlarge their tent.  As I read this verse, it dawned on me that this is what we are doing at Grand View Baptist Church.  We are hiring five full time couples to come and help us grow our church and minister to our church.  What a blessing, as each one of them is gifted to serve the Lord full time and deserving.  We will be greatly blessed through their ministry with us.  We are lengthening the cords and strengthening the stakes!  AND God will bless!!
2) TITLES- Yesterday, I mentioned that Isaiah has so many titles given to God and today I looked at other titles as well:  For God: Isaiah 54:5- Maker, husband, LORD of Host, Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, and The God of the whole earth.  For God's People: Isaiah 61:6- Priest of the LORD, and Ministers of our God;  For Israel: Isaiah 62:4- No more Forsaken and Desolate, but now Hephzibah (my delight is in her), and Beulah (Married).  Have you heard the song: Beulah Land?  Here is where that song all comes from.  Speaking of songs, in Isaiah 66:12 it says: "peace to her like a river"  from which we get the chorus:  "I've got peace like a river.."  So many wonderful titles given in Isaiah.
3) PRAYER-  God hears our prayers.  In Isaiah 58:9, it says: "Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am."  God wants to hear and answer our prayers, but we must pray!! 
4) LET US BE ONE- Isaiah 64:7 says: "And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee".  Isaiah is saying that there is none that "stirreth up himself to take hold" of the LORD.  Well, we ought to be Christians that do stir ourselves to spend time with God.  God does everything for us, and yet we spend so little time with Him.  We ought to be ashamed how we neglect God, but we seldom are.  O Lord, please stir us up to spend time with you, our Creator, our Redeemer, our God!!
5) GREAT MEN CAN HELP- Jeremiah 5:5 says: "I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD,"  I have tried all my adult life to learn from great men.  Men who have been greatly used of God, men who had a great walk with God, men who have had a great marriage, men who have built a great church, men who have a great love for people, I have greatly benefited from this practice, and I believe you will too! 
Have a blessed day today, and see you tomorrow!   Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter